Saturday, November 22, 2008

A reminder of the amazing legacy I am a beneficiary of....

O, Lord ~ You have been good
You have been faithful
You have been good
For by Your hand
We have been fed
And by your Spirit
We have been led

February 24, 2008 ~ 2 years ago Mama was reunited with her Savior FOREVER! This year, I can truly say that although I miss her everyday ~ I am joyful because I know that she has been set free ~ released from the prison of sin & death!!

I intended to already have this written to you guys but didn’t get it finished ~ and then I went to church tonight. We just kicked off our Mission’s Conference today. Tonight we heard from Phil Tuttle from Walk Thru the Bible.

He was talking about Heroes ~
The Least Likely Hero ~
Ruth's Legacy: something transmitted by, or received from an ancestor or predecessor

Our World Says:
Legacies belong to people who are powerful, wealthy, and famous.God’s Word Says:Some of the most extraordinary legacies belong to the most ordinary people.

Our World Says:
Legacies are determined in the milestone moments of life.God’s Word Says:Legacies are determined in the daily decisions of life.
Legacies are very subtle ~ made by making faithful choices out of daily decisions. A hero lives a life of faithfulness to God!

He reminded us that Scripture spares us none of the pain of life. We can see in Ruth the grief & loss of a husband, a father & sons. But we also see how God provides a kinsman redeemer & through Ruth provides our Kinsman Redeemer!
Mama’s life as you all know, even more than I do, was far from ideal or picturesque. But Mama choose to count it all joy (no she wasn’t perfect) but her heart cry was to say, “Can I take good from God & not bad?”
Her life ~ daily ~ doing the next thing ~ screamed out to all who knew her that she knew the character of her God & that she believed what His Word says. By her example, we as her descendants have received a precious legacy of God’s love & faithfulness! I am so thankful for her investment in my life & in all of your lives! Her life continues to speak to me today! Although there are still tears sometimes ~ more smiles fill my heart. Two years ago, I just wasn’t sure I would ever be able to say that! I am thankful for God’s faithfulness to me & how He allowed me to walk through grief so intimately so that I could share in others pain!
2 Corinthians 1:3-7
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort.
I thought it was really neat that tonight Phil Tuttle spoke on Heroes ~ it was like God gave me a little gift ~ a reminder of the amazing legacy I am a beneficiary of ~ both Mama’s & most importantly ~ Jesus Christ!
I love you all deeply & am so thankful that you are part of my family!!
We are praying continually for Amelia & Sylvia!

All my love,
Rebecca

No comments: