Tuesday, December 2, 2008

“Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus” (Phillips)



While we ask, Lord, for the most meaningful Advent season ever, we sadly confess that we have done so little with so much. Forgive us, Lord, for not bending the knee, for not reading and meditating on Your Word, for not searching our hearts, for not facing our sins. Deal with us according to Your tender mercies, O Lord, and grant that when Christmas morning breaks for us this year, we may have a fresh sense of Your presence and a renewed resolve to live to the praise of Christ's glory. Amen.

This was our meditation & confession during Sunday morning worship this week. It hit me like a ton of bricks. More than I want it to be "the best Christmas ever" I want to honor Christ with all that I do. I am so thankful for His sweet mercies & overflowing grace! He is faithful when I am not because He can not deny Himself. He is Sovereign & has all under His control & I so easily become fearful, worried & doubt His ability to DO WHAT HE SAYS He is going to do.

O, God, help me keep my eyes fixed on you ALWAYS & especially through this season of Your birth ~ when it is so easy to become distracted and forget the real reason You were born!

No comments: